BSA 104 (Scriptwriting) Week 15 : Screenplay

We had our Screenplays due this week and it's only a week after handing in the treatments. I made a big mistake. My treatment left a lot of space for dialogue, I did this because as a romantic comedy the main focus is on the relationship between the characters. This was also a busy week, there were various shoots still happening (that I was on), assessments to be finished other than the Screenplay (like my final cut for BSA 131, which required a lot of post) and we still had classes to attend. In short, I was unable to finish my screenplay.

I reserved an entire night for writing the screenplay - yeah one night. I had multiple all nighters by this point and had a lot of trouble producing something I was even near satisfied with. Nonetheless I started and restarted the screenplay multiple times, attempting to find a way to make it work. By the end of this night I had about four pages of script in each draft, all of which I was unhappy with. I decided to get some sleep, my sleep deprived self read the final submission time to be 01:00:00 instead of 10:00:00, and made the mistake of assuming I had more time. The day of submission I soon realized my mistake but it was too late.



Comments

Popular Posts